Since 2010, Nutshell has been building software that helps sales teams close more deals faster. Our award-winning CRM is the perfect blend of easy and powerful, and was named one of the “Most Affordable and User Friendly” CRM solutions by leading software review site Capterra.
As a full-time Business Development Representative at Nutshell, you’ll be part treasure hunter and part gatekeeper. As the first point of contact for prospective customers, you’ll call and regularly engage with a stream of inbound leads in order to vet and qualify them for our Sales team.
Nutshell’s account managers close deals at an exceptionally high rate when we speak with prospects one-on-one, and you will be focused on making sure we speak with as many companies as possible. Your primary objective will be scheduling personal demos with high-value leads. After you connect, you’ll investigate the prospect’s pain points, stir their enthusiasm for how Nutshell will be their salvation, and document critical information needed to provide the highest quality demo experience.
Additionally, you will guide and support single users and small teams exploring our software independently by driving them to our live one-to-many demo, answering product questions, and sharing content from our excellent support library.
Above all else, you’ll be an integral part of our small but mighty team dedicated to helping sales teams around the world become more efficient and effective every day.
Who you are
You’re naturally curious, insightful, and your emotional intelligence enables you to quickly and earnestly build relationships and rapport with total strangers. You’re eager to learn more about the convergence of sales and technology, and how B2B sales professionals evaluate and use CRM software. Above all else, you are not afraid of the phone, know what it means to “shake it off,” love casual conversation, and have a healthy sense of humor.
- Learn how to use Nutshell’s product so well that showing and telling others how awesome it is and how to get the most from it becomes a mere reflex.
- Identify customers’ needs and their definition of success to provide a truly customized Nutshell experience.
- Answer customer inquiries, both technical and strategic, via chat, email, and phone.
- Regularly call inbound leads to assess and qualify the best way you and your Nutshell team leader can help them get started with Nutshell.
- Continually improve and expand your knowledge as an expert in sales process and execution.
- Facilitate a no-friction experience for our customers with a hands-on, “no task is too big, no task is too small” approach.
- At least one year of experience in a sales role.
- A basic understanding of CRM and sales and marketing automation software; having used some before is a definite plus.
- Critical thinking skills and an ability to learn quickly.
- An innate sense of curiosity and desire for independent research and work.
- Finely tuned written and oral communication skills.
What Nutshell can offer you!
- Opportunities for career advancement in a fun, growth-stage tech company.
- A chance to learn from a brilliant group of teammates who support and drive one another to succeed.
- The culture and perks of a startup: super flexible vacation time, work from home opportunities, cool office space, desks that go up and down, family-friendly activities, an office book club, and an entire Slack channel dedicated to the sport of lunch in Ann Arbor.
- The sincerity and commitment of an established company: excellent health benefits, 401(k) and an experienced leadership team.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!