Nutshell is an all-in-one CRM and email marketing platform that helps B2B companies work together to win more deals. Based in Ann Arbor, MI, since our launch in 2010, Nutshell serves more than 3,700 organizations and 16,000 users around the world.
About the role
As the Performance Marketing Manager at Nutshell, you’ll oversee all of our paid digital marketing efforts, working to improve the quality, quantity, and cost of leads acquired from paid sources.
Nutshell relies on channels such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Capterra to keep our pipeline full of good leads, and we’re in need of a growth-minded marketer to ensure that we get a strong return on our marketing investments and build upon our successes. This means optimizing not only our bidding strategies, but also our landing page experience and our methods for measuring campaign performance.
The Performance Marketing Manager is a full-time role that reports to Nutshell’s VP of Marketing Ben Goldstein and works within Nutshell’s Growth Team, our innovative and fun-lovin’ group of sellers and marketers.
Who you are
You’re an analytical, data-driven B2B marketer who is more interested in finding good leads than more leads. You know how to find the most impactful levers to pull in an ad platform backend and can be trusted to yank on them responsibly. You’re a sharp communicator who understands how to turn lofty ideas about target markets and value propositions into the simplest ad copy possible. You understand that paid channel success is about the audience and the offer, not the color of the CTA button. You are willing to test everything, and learn from the results.
- Manage our existing PPC campaigns on Google Ads and Bing, including creating ad campaigns, measuring their impact, expanding what’s working, and chopping out what isn’t
- Direct the creation and maintenance of landing pages, making sure each one is highly relevant to the visitors who land on it
- Run experimental investments in ad channels that we’re not currently leveraging
- Provide monthly oversight to the bidding strategy in our Capterra account
- A record of success managing Google Ads accounts for B2B brands
- Some experience with landing page optimization (i.e., testing copy and design variations based on specific campaigns and audience segments)
- The ability to write digital ad copy that is compelling and brand-appropriate
- A point-of-view on what should be measured in a PPC campaign, and how to measure it
- A bias for action, iteration, and continuous improvement
- Experience running ads on Bing
- Experience running ads on LinkedIn
- Experience using Webflow for content creation
- A general understanding of revenue metrics for SaaS and subscription businesses
- Experience using CRM software
- Ideally, you live in Southest Michigan and would be willing to occasionally commute to Ann Arbor’s downtown office for important team meetings (and maybe go out for ice cream)
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “Performance Marketing Manager” in the subject line. Good luck!