Does the idea of ranking #1 on Google fill your stomach with butterflies? Do you have big ideas about online content and enough passion to turn them into reality? Do stock photos of businessmen shaking hands send you into convulsions? Do you have at least one opinion about punctuation that you will defend to the death, if necessary? Do you follow “the attitude of the knife”?
We need you.
Since 2010, Nutshell has been building software that helps sales teams close more deals faster. Our award-winning CRM is the perfect blend of easy and powerful, and was named one of the “Most Affordable and User Friendly” CRM solutions by leading software review site Capterra.
As a Content Marketing Associate, you’ll directly contribute to the growth of our content marketing program, which covers everything from our “Sell to Win” sales advice blog and newsletter to our original video content and social media channels.
The purpose of all these content marketing efforts is to:
- Provide sales professionals with resources that educate, entertain, and inspire them
- Position the Nutshell product as the solution for many common problems that sales teams struggle with
- Solidify Nutshell’s reputation as a leader in sales advice and thought-leadership
- Turn website visitors into subscribers and subscribers into hot leads for our sales team
We’ve already proven the efficiency of content at Nutshell, and we want to put more resources into creating and promoting it so we can generate even more organic leads at a reasonable cost. That’s where you come in, dear reader.
Our Content Marketing Associate will assist our Content Marketing Manager in increasing the output of blog articles and content offers on nutshell.com, while keeping an eye out for new ways to get our content in front of more people.
Though you’ll have a weekly set of priorities and expectations, you will also be given some freedom to prioritize your time and focus on what you think will drive the most positive results. Above all else, you’ll be an integral part of our small but mighty team dedicated to helping sales teams around the world become more efficient and effective every day.
This is a contract position; Ann Arbor-area candidates will be given preference, but remote workers are also encouraged to apply.
Who you are
You’re focused, self-motivated, and equally comfortable harnessing the creative and analytical sides of your brain. You’re detail-obsessed with a healthy competitive streak, and you’re allergic to clichés. Maybe you’re a young writer/editor who’s looking for a more stable career path than news and entertainment writing. At any rate, you’re eager to learn more about the art and science of content marketing and how to use online content to generate business value.
- Contribute articles to the Sell to Win blog, particularly topics with high keyword value
- Expand/enhance existing blog posts to help them rank better on search
- Assist with the copy development of content offers and marketing video scripts
- Hunt down opportunities to incorporate Nutshell into CRM/sales-related coverage on external sites, or work to improve existing coverage of Nutshell on external sites that has become outdated
- Keep an eye out for interesting sales influencers who we haven’t worked with before and reach out to start a relationship
- At least one year of professional experience in a content creation role, preferably as a writer, editor, or social media manager; finely tuned written communication skills are an absolute must
- A basic understanding of best practices for SEO, blogging, and email marketing
- Comfort with WordPress and Google Docs
- An ability to learn quickly
- The ideal candidate will be able to work out of our Ann Arbor HQ at least one day a week; otherwise, remote work is encouraged
What Nutshell can offer you!
- Opportunities for career advancement in a fun, growth-stage tech company.
- A chance to learn from a brilliant group of teammates who support and drive one another to succeed.
- The culture and perks of a startup: super flexible vacation time, work from home opportunities, cool office space, desks that go up and down, family-friendly activities, an office book club, and an entire Slack channel dedicated to the sport of lunch in Ann Arbor.
- The sincerity and commitment of an established company: competitive pay, job security, and an experienced leadership team.
To apply, send your resume, a brief cover letter, and links to three of your best pieces of published content to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!