Android software engineer
Nutshell is hiring Android engineers to help make the world’s most intuitive CRM even better.
About the team
We’re a tight-knit group in Ann Arbor, passionate about designing and building beautiful software.
We believe well-crafted software means well-crafted pixels, classes, and infrastructure. We value learning — and that means prototyping, shipping and iterating in small batches. We look for the right tool for the job — which is often a bit more conservative than the flavor of the week.
We love small businesses, and the work we do helps thousands of them grow every day.
You’re an engineer with talent for turning ideas and designs into code that others find easy to understand and modify. You understand that writing software means communicating with humans more than communicating with computers. You have a passion for mobile UI development, deep knowledge of Android and a commitment to pushing the platform forward. You’ll thrive here, if you:
- Enjoy helping those around you grow
- Have an excellent ability to communicate aloud, and with a keyboard
- Love to learn, and you cultivate habits to make this happen
- Know how to focus and develop flow when you need to concentrate
- Take pleasure in practice, craftsmanship, momentum and camaraderie
About the job
In this role, you’ll be working with 1-2 other engineers on the Android platform to continuously improve our app. You’ll work with a designer and product owner to co-create specs for new features and UIs. You’ll participate in GitHub pull requests to hone the skills of other engineers. And you’ll work with a backend team to design new (JSON API-compatible) endpoints. Across our technical teams, you'll find incredible support in learning to craft quality software, whether strictly as an Android developer or as a polydev who can jump between codebases and languages with ease.
To start the conversation, send an email to email@example.com and tell us about yourself! Best way to start? Tell about what you’ve done at work, on GitHub, or what you’ve had to say on Stack Overflow or Twitter. We value individuality and new experiences — write to us in your own voice!
Great candidates should have
- Experience with Android application development and deployment to the Play Store
- Solid understanding of object oriented design principles and data structures
- Background in API design / consumption
- Understanding of unit testing, continuous integration
- General awareness of community best practices. Do you subscribe to Android Weekly? You totally should – it's great!
- Passion about fit and finish of user interfaces. We :heart: smooth scrolling and meaningful animations. Have you heard of this Material Design thing?
- A desire to work on an important and robust app that helps people grow their business every single day
Our tech stack includes
- Github for project management & code review
- Continuous integration via Jenkins
- JSON-RPC and REST APIs