Do you have a brain like a sponge and a passion for helping people? Can you translate complex processes into plain English and make it fun? Are you a natural problem solver who can adapt to changes on the fly? We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to ensure that our customers are thrilled and delighted with the level of care and attention we deliver, and empowered to customize Nutshell to support their scaling business.
Nutshell is a software company based in downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan, that provides a cloud-based CRM tool for small- and medium-sized businesses. We make businesses happier and more productive by helping them manage customer relationships and sales processes with elegant and intuitively designed software.
Your job is to make sure customers are getting the biggest possible return on their Nutshell investment, and that our product is helping to grow their businesses and make them more efficient. As we like to say, Nutshell will more than pay for itself if we help a salesperson close one more sale per month, and your role is designed to ensure that happens. The ideal candidate is empathetic, caring, and a huge fan of growing businesses.
Here are some things you’ll do every day:
- Use Nutshell as well as anyone on earth and share your expertise on how to get the most out of it with our new and existing customers
- Build meaningful, sincere relationships with our customers to ensure they become addicted to Nutshell
- Identify customers’ definitions of success and guide them toward achieving their goals
- Show customers how to measure their success in Nutshell
- Write the roadmap to onboard new customers so they receive ROI within 90 days
- Evangelize Nutshell through one-on-one and one-to-many channels
- Determine why our customers stop using our product, and share what you learn with our team to continuously improve Nutshell
You should probably apply if you…
- Have at least a couple years of experience in a business environment, ideally in customer success or account management
- Speak “tech” but love to work closely with customers
- Can comfortably draw the line between doing the work for a customer vs. teaching them to do it themselves (“teach a person to fish” vs “catching them a fish”)
- Feel your “superpower” is connecting with people from all walks of life
- Enjoy being a leader amongst your peers
- Can think on your feet when things start shifting around you
You should really seriously apply if you…
- Can embody the voice of the customer, and tirelessly advocate for them within the company
- Are boundlessly curious; asking questions and doing your own research on things you find valuable is basically a hobby
- Have knowledge/experience with optimizing workflows, and aligning marketing, sales, and support teams
5 reasons to make Nutshell your new home (figuratively speaking, of course)
#1 We need people who can make an impact
Nutshell is a growth-stage business with very ambitious goals. If you never back down from a challenge, we want you.
#2 We’re solving meaningful problems in innovative ways
Know any cool small businesses? We know (and love) thousands of them! That’s why we’re designing, building, marketing, and supporting cutting-edge software that helps small businesses thrive.
#3 We’re proud to support the Ann Arbor community
#4 We work in the heart of the action
Nutshell’s modern, energetic office in downtown Ann Arbor is within walking distance of everything, and loaded with all the resources our team needs to create amazing things.
#5 We’ll treat you right
Nutshell offers established-company perks (competitive compensation, health benefits, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, family-friendly outings, and an experienced leadership team), plus all the trappings of a startup (offsites in northern Michigan, impromptu happy hours, an office book club, and desks that go up AND down).
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!