Join our Customer Experience team in our mission to ensure that our customers’ and soon-to-be customers’ interactions with Nutshell (the company and the product) are as effortless as they are delightful.
As Customer Success Specialist, helping people achieve their business goals with Nutshell is your primary objective. You are a solutions-oriented Nutshell evangelist with infectious enthusiasm for what can be achieved with our CRM. You have a direct impact on thousands of scaling organizations across the country (and world) every day. You make it easy for people to get up and running with Nutshell.
Who you are
You are authentic and empathetic, with a touch of perfectionism and a slight obsession with efficiency. You approach problems strategically, and if someone is having a hard time, you really care and want to make things better. Your friends describe you as “emotionally intelligent”.
You are the intermediary between the people building Nutshell and the people using Nutshell daily. You impact our customer’s success and our product’s direction, and in turn play an important role in our company growth.
Technology is your favorite tool for communicating and troubleshooting, but do you know where the pixels end and humanity begins? Does picking up the phone or jumping on a video call to learn more about customers from all industries and walks of life excite you? Do you have the head of a techie and a heart of gold?
- Manage attentive and creative communication with our customers via email, chat, phone, screenshare, or webcast to answer questions, solve problems, and encourage engagement with our software
- Share the voice of the customer! Doggedly advocate for them within the company
- Demonstrate the value of our product; we show people how awesome it is and how it helps them meet their business objectives
- Enrich our self-service support library
- Troubleshoot and perform quality assurance, identifying bugs and other problems within Nutshell
- You are knowledgeable about current technologies and are driven to continue learning
- You are a strong, concise communicator who can explain things clearly and thoughtfully over any channel (writing, speaking, screencasting, video recording, etc.)
- You have experience in technical writing or helpdesk content creation
- You do things elegantly and efficiently, and are always thinking of new solutions to help yourself and others avoid friction in their day-to-day workflows (your motto is “work smarter, not harder”)
- You have increased customer acquisition and retention with your impeccable customer service in the past
Nice to have
- You understand various business models and industries and know how to help customers conceptualize and implement Nutshell for the greatest possible benefit
- You have experience with account management, working directly with software engineers or as part of a sales team
- You have used CRM or helpdesk software
5 reasons to make Nutshell your new home (figuratively speaking, of course)
#1 We need people who can make an impact
Nutshell is a growth-stage business with very ambitious goals. If you never back down from a challenge, we want you.
#2 We’re solving meaningful problems in innovative ways
Know any cool small businesses? We know (and love) thousands of them! That’s why we’re designing, building, marketing, and supporting cutting-edge software that helps small businesses thrive.
#3 We’re proud to support the Ann Arbor community
#4 We work in the heart of the action
Nutshell’s modern, energetic office in downtown Ann Arbor is within walking distance of everything, and loaded with all the resources our team needs to create amazing things.
#5 We’ll treat you right
Nutshell offers established-company perks (competitive compensation, health benefits, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, family-friendly outings, and an experienced leadership team), plus all the trappings of a startup (offsites in northern Michigan, impromptu happy hours, an office book club, and desks that go up AND down).
This posting is for a position in our Ann Arbor, Michigan office.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!