Nutshell is hiring PHP engineers to help make the world’s most intuitive CRM even better.
About the team
We’re a tight-knit group in Ann Arbor, passionate about designing and building beautiful software.
We believe well-crafted software means well-crafted pixels, classes, and infrastructure. We value learning — and that means prototyping, shipping and iterating in small batches. We look for the right tool for the job — which is often a bit more conservative than the flavor of the week.
We love small businesses, and the work we do helps thousands of them grow every day.
You’re an engineer with talent for turning ideas and designs into code that others find easy to understand and modify. You understand that writing software means communicating with humans more than communicating with computers. You care about writing testable code and the velocity that good continuous integration provides. You’ll thrive here, if you:
- Enjoy helping those around you grow
- Have an excellent ability to communicate aloud, and with a keyboard
- Love to learn, and you cultivate habits to make this happen
- Know how to focus and develop flow when you need to concentrate
- Take pleasure in practice, craftsmanship, momentum and camaraderie
About the job
In this role, you’ll be working with our web and mobile teams to build (JSON API-compatible) REST endpoints that power new interfaces. You’ll connect Nutshell with new integrations and work with the data we store in MySQL and Solr. And with our Vagrant and Jenkins stack, you'll probably deploy tested code to production on your first day.
To start the conversation, send an email to email@example.com and tell us about yourself!
Great candidates should have some:
- PHP development experience
- Working knowledge of modern PHP frameworks, including Symfony2
- Strong background in SQL and relational databases
- Background in API design
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration
- Passion about fit and finish of user interfaces
Our technology stack includes:
- PHP, Symfony2, Nginx, MySQL, Solr, Gearman backend architecture
- LESS, Jekyll, jQuery, Backbone.js web frontend tooling
- Vagrant boxes for local development
- Github for project management & code review
- Continuous integration via Jenkins
- Native Objective-C and Java codebases for mobile apps
- Infrastructure management with Chef & New Relic