Who you are
You care about the details, you see both the pixels and the entire picture, you seek outside feedback continuously, and you balance form and function by shipping delightful experiences. You’re comfortable with more listening than talking, and know how to get your point across concisely. You understand that a design is never done, but you intuit when it’s ready to share with customers.
- Collaborate at each stage of software development to understand the user, their challenges, and ultimately designing large parts of how a problem will be solved
- Wireframe, prototype and iterate on features and improvements, emphasizing quick delivery for customer feedback
- Develop product visual design that’s consistent and reflects the Nutshell brand
- Collaborate with developers to balance trade-offs in velocity, complexity and simplicity
- Learn more about the customers’ problems every day
- Maintain a curiosity on how competitive and peer products solve similar challenges
- Experience working solo and in groups to deliver consistent, simple and user-centric solutions
- Comfort with tools from sketches and wireframes to high-fidelity mockups and prototypes in your tools of choice (Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Framer, Principle)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an enthusiasm for teamwork
- Passion for user-centric design
- Experience designing across platforms (web, desktop, and mobile), including a habit of staying well-versed on platform design specs, standards, and patterns
- A bias for action, iteration, and continuous improvement
- Nice to have: experience working in sales or with general productivity software (e.g., project management tools). We need to understand our customers, their problems, and know about all of the bad software out there so our product is a breath of fresh air.
5 reasons to make Nutshell your new home (figuratively speaking, of course)
#1 We need people who can make an impact
Nutshell is a growth-stage business with very ambitious goals. If you never back down from a challenge, we want you.
#2 We’re solving meaningful problems in innovative ways
Know any cool small businesses? We know (and love) thousands of them! That’s why we’re designing, building, marketing, and supporting cutting-edge software that helps small businesses thrive.
#3 We’re proud to support the Ann Arbor community
#4 We work in the heart of the action
Nutshell’s modern, energetic office in downtown Ann Arbor is within walking distance of everything, and loaded with all the resources our team needs to create amazing things.
#5 We’ll treat you right
Nutshell offers established-company perks (competitive compensation, health benefits, 401(k) matching, paid parental leave, family-friendly outings, and an experienced leadership team), plus all the trappings of a startup (offsites in northern Michigan, impromptu happy hours, an office book club, and desks that go up AND down).
This posting is for a position in our Ann Arbor, Michigan office.
To apply, introduce yourself and your work to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!