As a great man once said, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
Or, to put it in sales terms, you close 0% of the prospects who don’t hear from you.
Anyone who relies on email to start sales conversations understands that follow-up is what separates success from failure. Instead of dropping some bogus stat about how nearly half of salespeople never follow up with their prospects, we’ll just say that a lot of sellers don’t do it, and they're leaving money on the table.
But look, we get it: Email follow-up takes a long time. Nobody likes to spend their day typing out follow-up messages to prospects who have been ignoring them. And it can be really hard to remember which prospect you need to check in with on a given day, especially in a high-volume sales operation.
For those reasons (and more), Nutshell is proud to announce personal email sequences, a new feature available in Nutshell Pro that will help you save time, generate more replies, and capture more opportunities.
What Are Personal Email Sequences?
Personal email sequences let you personalize your sales outreach at scale and inspire more of your email recipients to take action.
Unlike a marketing automation tool that mass-delivers the exact same message to a list of contacts, personal email sequencing is a sales automation tool that allows sales reps to build and customize one-on-one email drips, speeding up their outreach efforts and improving their reply rates.
While many CRMs offer automated reminders that tell reps when it’s time to follow up with prospects, Nutshell’s personal email sequences follow up for you on the schedule you’ve set, without the need for reminders or additional effort. Just set up a drip sequence—or get started with one of our suggestions—and we’ll remember the follow-ups for you.
Plus, personal email sequences are completely shareable. If anyone on your team creates a sequence template that works like a charm, it can be shared throughout the organization to immediately raise everyone’s game.
Update, June 2020: Personal email sequences can now be automatically triggered as part of our sales automation suite! If you're a Pro customer, open up any of your pipelines and use the "Automated emails" row to add a pre-built email sequence to the stage of your choice. Once a lead reaches that stage, your sequence will begin deploying automatically—meaning you can start drawing replies from new contacts without lifting a finger. Pretty sweet, eh?
How to Use Personal Email Sequences
- Create an email sequence template that includes the first contact with your prospect and a handful of follow-ups.
- Personalize your sequence to capture a prospect’s interest (i.e., reference their business, their industry, or even the weather in their city. For more best practices on email personalization, read this.)
- Nutshell will send each message in your sequence over the course of a few days; each message will look like it came directly from you.
- To save even more time, use our sales automation engine to automatically trigger your sequences based on pipeline stage.
- Once your prospect replies, Nutshell will automatically stop the sequence, and it’s in your court to continue the conversation.
- Reply detection advances interested leads in your pipeline automatically.
- Nutshell will track your opens and measure your reply rate to help you fine-tune your sequences.
Note: You have to connect your email with Nutshell before you can use personal email sequences.